I’m baaaaack!! For the past two weeks I’ve been on hiatus from blogging because I’ve been traveling for the holidays. My sweetie and I covered 5 states (VA, WV, MD, PA, & NY) in 12 days to see both of our families. It was WONDERFUL, but I am so happy to be back to my blogging!
I can’t believe 2011 is already coming to a close! This year has been a turning point in my music therapy career. In July, I launched my website and first started blogging. What an adventure it has been! The best part is being able to connect with other music therapists in this awesome online community.
To pay tribute to 2011 and ring in 2012, I’d like to share with you my top 10 favorite blog posts of the year. I hope you’ll read over some old favorites and find some new ones to give you inspiration to make 2012 an amazing year!
* A popular activity I use with my adolescent group at the Friendship Circle
* Welcome packet ideas for new families when you’re running a private practice
* One of my all-time favorite events at UCP – our Halloween Musical, “In the Woods”
* Resources for Music/Occupational Therapy Co-treatments
* Ideas to spice up your guitar playing!
* My radio interview with Janice Harris on The Music Therapy Show
* Video of a sensory activity utilizing the cabasa for tactile stimulation (and a catchy tune to boot!)
* Information about my “gig” providing music therapy sessions at the library
* My guest blog post for Music Therapy Maven on tips for shining throughout the internship application process
* Ideas from our holiday show at UCP
What a fabulous year 2011 has been. Here’s hoping that your 2012 is filled with music, love, creativity, productivity, and fun! Happy New Year to all!!