Our team of eleven board-certified music therapists specializes in working with children and teens with autism and other special needs…and we truly LOVE what we do! We provide services throughout Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties.
My team and I believe individuals with special needs can reach their maximum potential in an environment that is engaging, creative, and fun. We use music and movement to engage individuals in learning; we use colorful props and visuals to inspire; we use structure to teach; we use encouragement to motivate; and we use music as our tool to enrich the development of children and teens of ALL abilities!
Here’s what makes us unique:
- We come to your home to provide sessions. We know you’re busy driving your child to various therapies throughout the week. Our therapists can come to your home to provide one-on-one music therapy sessions or lessons for your child.
- We offer flexible scheduling. We’re available to schedule services at any time that is convenient for you – mornings, afternoons or evenings during the weekday or weekend.
- We are direct providers for Step Up for Students and are happy to bill on behalf of our clients who are recipients of the Gardiner Scholarship. We are in the process of becoming a provider for Medicaid Wellcare/Staywell. These are exciting steps that have allowed more children to have access to music therapy services and adapted music lessons!
- Our music therapists:
- Are all board-certified
- Specialize in working with individuals with autism & other special needs
- Have advanced degrees and certifications
- Are members of the American Music Therapy Association
- Truly love what we do!
- We use all original songs when working with children with special needs. This ensures our songs and interventions are specifically targeting individualized goals. Our songs are rhythmic, catchy, and upbeat. You’ll be singing along in no time!
- We use all live music. Our therapists play a wide variety of accompaniment instruments. In our sessions you’ll hear everything from guitar to piano to viola to omnichord to clarinet! Live music ensures that we can be flexible in the moment when meeting the needs of your child.
- We work closely with the other therapists on your child’s team. Our therapists are happy to communicate with the other clinicians working with your child to ensure an integrated team approach. We are open to co-treating and targeting shared goals to work on generalization of skills.
At Wholesome Harmonies, it is also our mission to support other music therapists in their work with children and teens. We love providing continuing education opportunities, session ideas, and resources to inspire their creativity and help elevate their clinical practice. We offer presentations, consultations, E-Books, E-Courses, and free resources on our blog.