Wholesome Harmonies began way back in 2006 when I started seeing one private client after work at my full time job at United Community Options of Miami.
Soon after, I received more calls and more referrals for private services from my alma mater, University of Miami (UM).
Parents would call the music therapy program director at UM to inquire about private music therapy services and the director would refer them to me.
Soon, I was seeing private clients almost every afternoon and evening after work, and on Saturdays and Sundays.
This continued on until my schedule started getting very full and I started getting very tired!
When I could no longer take on any new clients, I brought on a music therapy contractor, and have continued to add contractors year after year, until we now have a total of 15!
I am continually on the lookout to bring more music therapists and music teachers on board because our wait list has grown extensively, even after referring out to other practices. (We even get requests for art therapists, so if you know of any, please let me know!)
We would love to bring more music therapy contractors onto the team and we are EXPANDING across South and Central Florida. If you are an MTBC, graduate student or intern in Florida looking for flexible work opportunities, here’s the scoop:
- We offer music therapy & adapted lessons to individuals of all ages with autism & related disabilities, as well as older adults
- We provide virtual and in-person services in the following locations:
- Southeast Florida – Miami-Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach counties
- Southwest Florida – Fort Myers, Cape Coral, & Naples
- Central Florida – Tampa, Lakeland, Orlando, Melbourne, & Palm Bay
- Northern Florida – Jacksonville
- South Central Pennsylvania, Maryland, and Washington DC
- We offer services in client homes, schools, group homes, day programs, and organizations
- Contracting is FLEXIBLE – you set your own schedule and rates, and you choose the specific clientele with whom you’d like to work. You can take on as many or as few clients as you’d like. And, you can see clients on the side even if you’re employed or contracting elsewhere, or during grad school to make extra money and gain experience.
If you’re interested in learning more, email your resume to Amy@WHmusictherapy.com and I will be in touch with you about the next steps!