I love a good themed session, don’t you?
I like using themes because they help me think outside the box to find new ideas to use, and really inspire me to be creative in how I help my clients meet their goals.
This month, it’s all about the BEACH!
Here are some of the experiences I included in this themed session:
– Greeting each other by saying “Aloha!”
– Counting Seashells song – To work on counting actual objects (versus rote counting)
– Feeling Seashells song – To provide sensory stimulation for the 0-2 age group and to work on descriptors with the 4-6 age group. I sing “What does the shell feel like? Is it rough or is it smooth?”
– Beach Book ‘n Song – Using “To the Beach” by Linda Ashman
– Counting Fish song – To work on numeral identification 1-5 (see picture!)
– Moving like ocean animals song – We move like the fish, dolphin, crab and octopus (see picture!)
For many of the songs I either use my ukulele or set a reggae accompaniment beat on the keyboard and it really adds to the “beachy” feel of the session.
If you’d like a complete plan for your summer themed sessions, check out the Sensational Songs & Activities E-Book. You’ll find a Multisensory Beach Themed session plan, plus other themed session ideas and sheet music for your work with children who are sensory learners.