‘The lazy days of summer are here.”
Whoever came up with that saying has not met a music therapist in private practice!
Although we may tend to have a lighter caseload when clients are out of town, it seems there is never a shortage of things to do.
One thing I’m doing this summer is getting a head start on session planning. This way I’ll be all set to go when things are up and running in the new school year (and when Baby #2 arrives!)
For my sessions with kids, getting a head start means I’m planning new themed sessions and checking out brand new books from the library to incorporate into those sessions as book ‘n song activities.
For my sessions with teens, I’m finding and learning new pop songs that would be good to use in sessions in the Fall.
If you’re like me and want to use some summer “down time” to get a head start on your session planning, then I would love for you to check out my E-course:
It’s an an online video course approved by CBMT for 5 continuing education credits.
But there is SO much more to it than that!
Tune In To Teens is a course designed to support, empower and inspire music therapists who work with teens. Have you ever felt seriously stuck when you’re session planning? Have you ever met with not-so-favorable results with the interventions you’ve brought in?
Do not fret. I get it.
I know it’s hard to find the time to dig through all the pop songs out there to find ones that are appropriate and able to be used therapeutically.
I know it can be stressful coming up with new session ideas each week, especially if you don’t know how those ideas will be received!
So, I designed Tune In To Teens with three main goals in mind:
1. To save you time…
- by showing you exactly where to go to find the songs that are cool & popular right now
- by providing you with a Pop Song Hot List that has over 100 songs that are currently popular with teens (it’s updated every 6 months!)
- by offering tons of grab-and-go session ideas organized by domain
2. To ease your stress…
- by sharing my most successful session ideas with you (you can use and adapt them and I guarantee they’ll inspire you to start creating your own!)
- by making it super easy to learn the interventions (I include video demos and tutorials, sheet music, MP3s, and lyric sheets)
3. To empower you…
- to feel confident walking into your sessions knowing you have ideas planned that both you and your clients will be excited about!
Here’s what Cynthia Fahey, MT-BC has to say about the course:
“Amy is very knowledgeable and quite obviously loves what she does. I believe that many music therapists would benefit from her knowledge of this particular clientele and well as the push to find your own creativity again. So often we get bogged down in the day to day and just need to reconnect and get some fresh insight.”
To see everything that Tune In To Teens has to offer, click here. I’d love for you to join us in the course.
It’s just $85 for the entire course and all the accompanying materials, PLUS lifetime access to the Facebook forum where you’ll continue to receive support from me and the other participants.
Leave A Comment