A Warm Welcome To You!
At Wholesome Harmonies, we are dedicated to sharing our passion about music therapy. My name is Amy Kalas Buser and I established Wholesome Harmonies, LLC in 2006 with a mission to provide high quality music therapy services to those in and around Miami, FL.
We offer a variety of services, including individual and group music therapy, and traditional and adapted lessons on guitar, piano, ukulele, voice and drums. All of our board certified music therapists specialize in working with children with autism and other special needs…and we love what we do!
Here’s what makes us unique:
- We come to your home to provide sessions. We know you’re busy driving your child to various therapies throughout the week. Our therapists can come to your home to provide one-on-one music therapy sessions or lessons for your child.
- We offer flexible scheduling. We’re available to schedule services at any time that is convenient for you – mornings, afternoons or evenings during the weekday or weekend.
- Our music therapists:
- Are all board-certified
- Specialize in working with children with autism & other special needs
- Have advanced degrees and certifications
- Are members of the American Music Therapy Association
- Love what we do!
- We use all original songs when working with children with special needs. This ensures our songs and interventions are specifically targeting individualized goals. Our songs are rhythmic, catchy, and upbeat. You’ll be singing along in no time!
- We use all live music. Our therapists play a wide variety of accompaniment instruments. In our sessions you’ll hear everything from guitar to piano to viola to omnichord to clarinet! Live music ensures that we can be flexible in the moment when meeting the needs of your child.
- We work closely with the other therapists on your child’s team. Our therapists are happy to communicate with the other clinicians working with your child to ensure an integrated team approach. We are open to co-treating and targeting shared goals to work on generalization of skills.
Wholesome Harmonies is a provider for Step Up for Students and the Gardiner Scholarship. We bill Step Up for Students for direct payment for our clients’ music therapy services and adapted lessons. This is an exciting step that has allowed more children to have access to music therapy services! Send us an email to get more information.
At Wholesome Harmonies, it is also our mission to support other music therapists in their work with children and teens. We love providing information and resources to inspire their creativity and help elevate their clinical practice.
Find out more about…
Kind Words from Our Clients
“I firmly believe music therapy apart from ST, PT, PT and ABA gave us results…if you’re in Miami, Amy is the best.”
– Pilar Pitty, mother of Lukas age 8
“Congrats Amy! You are so amazing and totally have impacted my son in a positive manner. Because of you, Jayden to this date, knows how to recognize the sound of the guitar, piano drums, etc. when listening to music. I am PRO-MUSIC THERAPY!!!”
– Sylvia Soto, mother of Jayden
“The therapy with Yank’l has been going great. Daniel is really loving it and he looks forward to Tuesdays for the session. The whole day he says ‘I want teacher Yank’l!’ We are truly happy with Yank’l and the therapy.”
– Lisbeth Prieto, mother of Daniel
“Just to let you know, that Allison was awesome. She connected with Nicolas right away. And Nicolas enjoyed it so much. I couldn’t believe what she was be able to get from him. I was amazed. I’m so happy I made the decision to call you.“
– Wendy Gutierrez, mother of Nicolas age 10
Feature on AmericaTeve
Here we are featured on AmericaTeve, a Miami-based news program. Watch Amy working with one of our amazing clients, Rowan, during individual music therapy: